Artist Bio

I no longer maintain this site.

To see more of my recent work, visit visit my Flickr page. To order images or learn more about my photography, please visit my webpage T. L. Schendel Photography

15 October, 2006

Ramassage, Illats, France 2005

Click to enlarge.

All over France and California, the grape harvest is in full swing. These are the remains of grapes taken from my French brother's vineyard to make a wonderful sauvignon blanc. This is what is left after the "crush". The grapes are picked and immediately placed in the bladder press where the juice is slowly squeezed from them.

I love this photo; I love the colors of the grapes. White grapes are not just white, as you can see. I love the ladybug who has taken an interest in the sweet, sticky skins that will soon become compost. But some innovators in Italy are using grape skins to produce grape ethanol, which is powering Swedish cars. What an elegant solution! I love it!

1 comment:

As'ad AbuKhalil said...

what time of the day? I think that indicating time of the day of the pictures really helps.